Friday, September 30, 2005

Not sure if I like it

I finally finished a monster skein of yarn I'd been working on here and there since about July. It's merino/kid mohair, and I was thinking of a lacy shawl or wrap for one of my reenactment/living history dresses. It's kind of muted pastels. I think it's going to be way more attractive of a yarn when it's knit up than it is right now. Here it is on the dress I'd intended to wear it with. I think it's going to go better with a darker color dress to contrast with, but that's getting way ahead of the whole process. First I need to finish one of my other projects (which I'm planning to work on this weekend), then I have to pick a pattern, then I actually have to get it knitted. Maybe this one will end up being a fashion statement for next winter. I have plenty of fiber to make more yarn...Now where are my lace pattern books?

No comments: