Friday, September 16, 2005
While waiting for my DH to come home from his business trip last night, I managed to get the Fair Isles Hat finished. It turned out to be way too long of a pattern, so I left out 2 of the motifs. The author of the pattern commented on my blog this morning that she would have substituted the larger motif near the top for the first one, but I'd already gotten quite a distance past that before I figured out that the hat would have been too big without altering the pattern. Still, I think it turned out ok. All things considered, this was my first large scale (ok, medium scale) project using all those colors and I was learning as I went. I really like the pattern on the top of the hat with the trees. Now I want to work on a sweater in Fair Isle, but that'll have to wait for now until I catch up on some other things.