Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Finally, the fleece samples are finished!

OK, almost finished. I have one left to get done tomorrow and then they're all completed. Whew. I thought I was never going to get through them all, but it's been a wonderful learning experience! I'm very glad I spun them, you can't learn and experience the differences unless you actually wash and card or comb and spin the samples. Everything feels nice in the grease, and even washed, it's hard to tell how a yarn is going to develop. And this is my latest aquisition to arrive. This is New Zealand possum fiber. This isn't the possum that you see in America, these are beautifully furry and soft animals. This is destined to be blended with a nice and soft fine fleece like Merino, CVM or Finn, depending on what I locate in the upcoming fesitvals that I'm going to attend. It's so soft. I've spun Merino/Possum from NZ but I can't get more than a sample without having to purchase a Sea shipping container full of it. So, I'm going to make my own blend. I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those look wonderful. That looks like A LOT of work. Amazing! I am just learning and I hope to become as 1/2 as good as you. Thanks for discussing the process.