Thursday, January 08, 2009

My new boyfriend

I tried a new fitness class for beginners or older adults this morning. Some of the classes that are not for beginners are so fast and demanding that I never think I'll get caught up and on step! But today was different, the teacher is a wonderful guy, gets to know all the students by name a bit about everyone, and also encourages socializing and friendships within the classes. Because you can work to your own level, (and there are some pretty senior citizens in the class) because I pushed myself, the class did work me pretty hard.
It was great for strength and stretching especially and with the big band era music for the aerobics, I really had fun. The group is very friendly and it's perfect for a beginner like me, so I'll be going back as many Tuesdays and Thursdays as I'm able. I did a little research on the teacher, thought I'd share...


Honoring Rocky Rosen: Senior Olympic Champion

Maryland’s 2008 Senior Olympics was held recently in Landover, Maryland and the JCC was proudly represented by staff member Al “Rocky” Rosen. He won eight gold and two silver medals in Track and Field events.

Not only is Rocky’s JCC family proud of him, but so is the State of Maryland. On January 26, Rocky will head to the Maryland State House in Annapolis to be recognized in both the State Senate and House of Delegates. Rocky will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award. Introductions in the Senate will be made by Senator Bobby Zirkin and in the House by Delegate Dr. Dan Morhaim (both JCC members, themselves.)

You can learn to be fit like 85-year-young Rocky at his Body Rock and Circuit Xpress classes in Owings Mills on Tuesdays and Thursdays

No comments: