Thursday, February 01, 2007

Just one more little thing

I think I have to add another hook at the skirt line, but other than that, the dress is finished. I pulled a bunch of older ones out of the closet today to photograph and sell on ebay, too. My reenactment closet is pretty full, and I only take 3 at a time to a weekend reenactment. Besides, my sewing is getting better, and I'm learning about what is and is not period correct too! So I guess I'll keep on sewing, keep on trying, and keep on learning. Now I'm off to finish the purple dress I started with the intent to wear it to Cedar Creek but never finished it. I got the hem and hem binding done today and hopefully will do the hand work tonight. I think of it as "Ryan's Dress" as my old and dear friend Ryan good naturedly gave me grief about how long it has been hanging on my office door in the same exact unfinished condition!

No comments: