Saturday, February 03, 2007

Begun is half done?


Here's the skirt to my ballgown, I just have to put on the hooks and eyes, figure out what else I want to do to the trim, and iron it and it'll be done. Now, the bodice is quite another story. I cut out a muslin bodice last night, I'm going to try to construct it and fit it later on today (we have our Unit meeting most of the day) and perhaps even start cutting the silk for it. I will have yards and yards of piping to make as well as the ruched trim that I'm thinking I want to put on top of the lace binding to cover up where it's attached to the dress. I haven't decided yet. I also got ribbon roses to attach to the trim at the apex of the curves, and there will be lace on the sleeves and bodice. I'd love to have it done by Feb. 10 for a ball we're going to, but I do have to work this week! Maybe, maybe not.

No comments: