Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Woohoo, a first!

This is a first for me. I just finished the "Socks that Rock" package for January (I only got it at the end of February), and it's not so unusual for me to have finished a pair of socks, I love to make them, but it's a first time for me to do an intricate pattern like this, and a first time that I've done an instep continuing pattern after the leg, the first time I've knit with beads in the pattern, and the first time I've done a provisional cast on with waste yarn. I love them, and though they haven't been blocked yet, I did try them on and since they were knit for me, they do fit perfectly! Now I can't wait to get started on some more, though I am going to work on the ones that are on the needles first before I cast on for anything else. I am reserving the easiest patterns to take to work to work on rather than to do at home. I'm thinking lacy ones for the home project next.

No comments: