Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Finally updated Ravelry

We went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival for just a short amount of time on Sunday morning. It was pouring down rain and quite miserable to be out. I scored a tee shirt and a tote bag and a hat with this year's adorable logo, and took a couple of fleeces that I found in the basement in to McClellan's Frankenmuth Woolen Mill's truck to be taken back to Michigan to be made into quilt batts. I love their work both with making batts and rovings. Then I found a few skeins of mill ends of the Socks that Rock yarns. Mill ends are ok for me since I'm hand knitting, the knots aren't too big of a problem, and heck, I've found slubs and knots in the non-mill ends full priced yarns too, so no problem. The only thing is that there is no colorway notated on the wrapper so I have no idea what to call the colors.

There were quite a few www.ravelry.com members walking around at the Festival so I decided to work on my own ravelry site. It's a place for knitters, crocheters, and fiber people to keep records of their stash (yeah right, it would take me years to list it all) and projects both in progress and finished. There is a way to try to sell or trade stash yarns and there are lots of free patterns. You can also see all the people that are working on a project, it's amazing. My name there is Gator, so if you're on Ravelry, do stop by. I'm still working on getting my blog to post there and to find the various interest groups, but I'm up and running.

I hope to have more pictures of my wip's (works in progress) up on the site soon. Maybe I'll even get a bit of knitting done today. :) Have a great day!

No comments: