Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Now, what did I forget?


This is my dh, shipping manager, and favorite teddybear in the world. So off we go (dh and yours truly) in the wee hours to the National Scout Jamboree to teach scuba diving to the kids that will be there. It's going to be fun, but I'll admit that I'm kind of disappointed because my buffalo fiber won't be going with me. Ruth Called me today in response to my "where, oh where can it be?" email to say that she would send me some extra due to the mix up. What a nice lady, and although I did pay for 2nd day air back on Thursday, she was really attentive to my angst, and I do recommend her for Buffalo rovings (sight unseen, you know). If you're off a mind, I've added her link. Hopefully I'll have something to show from my wheel in soft buffalo by mid-August, she's going to hold the rovings until I get home. (I will, however, be home at least every several days to do shipping and deal with arrivals, so if you're thinking of ordering something from the store, it will be shipped in a timely manner, at least within a few days of the order. And yes, there will be a new sale item for August. I am still deciding on what it'll be. )

So what's going with me to spin? White yak, Diablo Merino Mohair blend, Red Colonial Multi-colored roving, and some 80/20 Merino Silk. Of course, I might change my mind on what I'm going to spin when I see what conditions are going to be while I'm spinning and how much time I have. I doubt that I'll touch everything, but I'm just not sure what I'm going to want to work on. I also brought some more brown shetland roving in case the shawl gets knitted faster than I think it will. It's very heavy and dense, just a simple garter stitch but perfect for my living history outfits. I doubt I'll get too much knitting done while Mark drives, the a/c is broken in the car. I am praying to the humidity powers that be to go gently upon Maryland and Virginia. We just had a bunch of work done on the camper, so timing wasn't good for fixing the air.

And yes, I've been effectively sucked into the vortex of exotic fibers. I can't wait to finish and ply the yak, the buffalo is going to drive me crazy waiting for it, and I really want to start working on knitting with the camel I've already made and plied. Thank you Liz and Lady Vee! :)

1 comment:

LadyV said...

Were you able to get any spinning done?...Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

BTW...I carded some camel with tussah...didn't like it at all. I think I'll just stick to straight camel...;-)