Monday, December 06, 2004

New project for myself: Leaf Shawl

The new Louet produced it's first skein of yarn over the weekend, a Merino/Mohair blend called "Granada". I did about 155 yards of sport/dk weight for a pattern I found in Knitted Shawls, Stoles, and Scarves, which looks like leaves in a shawl. The picture came out more purple and green but the fiber reads more navy blue with contrasting colors in person. I have about 3-4 skeins more to make for the project, but I just might get started knitting and spin as I go. I'm also knitting another mystery shawl from the orange/brown corriedale/alpaca I finished spinning over Thanksgiving, but that's my traveling (brainless) project which will stay in my work tote bag until it's finished. Ah, the feel of having lots of UFO's...lol

No comments: