Monday, January 29, 2007

Busy Busy Busy


Woohoo, new pajamas for my suitcase! I have been collecting thick quilters flannel with my coupons and on sale, and I finally have not only new nightgowns for the cold house, but since I like to take pj's with me on my trips, I have 3 pairs to alternate in my suitcase! This was a simple pattern and only takes a couple of hours to make.
Yesterday though, I'd had enough of being cooped up in the house and we went on a road trip to Thurmont, to the Fabric Outlet USA for a look. It's mostly upholstery fabric, but I did drool over all the 56-60 inch wide bolts of Dupioni silks. They were way out of my league on price, though, so I ended up leaving empty handed.
Never waste the opportunity to visit a National Park (or collect the stamp for the passport!), we visited nearby Cactoctin Mountain Park which, even for it being winter, was very beautiful. There are plentiful hiking trails and lots of animals and history in this park. If you're not familiar with the National Park passport program, there are two sizes of passports available (I outgrew my small one years ago, but the small ones are fantastic for kids) and I'm working on my "Explorer Edition" now. Each park has at least one stamp with the date of visit and place so you can validate your passport. I've visited parks I didn't even know existed prior to this program, and it's been really fun! There are even websites devoted to finding all the stamps, sometimes a park will have more than one because they have multiple sites or educational centers. I have no idea how many stamps I've gotten yet, but I keep trying to get new ones.
On the way home via Gettysburg, I got a few patterns (a Wool Outercoat, a gathered bodice, and an evening dress) at one of the Lady's sutlers and had a wonderful dinner at the Dobbin House Tavern, one of my very favorite places. Then it was back to work, packing orders and business items, but I did get to start cutting out a new dress out of this great Victorian Fabric. I'm making the piping today and trying to figure out what kind (if any) of trim I want to put on the dress.

No comments: