Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Day before flying


The day before flying, especially a long stretch of flying, is always especially hectic. I'm always trying to play catch up on things I needed to do and didn't get done. Today was no exception. I managed to ball up and package all that hand dyed roving that's been drying since Monday.
This is the Flowers Corriedale on the left.






On the right is the same colorway but in Merino/Tencel, which is my favorite roving to dye. It takes the color so nicely and has that wonderful shine. Although I like the feel of silk blended with Merino even more, this stuff really is nice looking and spins up well.

I got a couple more samples combed today, and actually took a few moments to sit and spin the Jacob (the softest Jacob I've ever experienced) and the Polled Dorsett. They're drying now. I also made up a page with pictures of my completed projects (some of them anyhow) in the last year or so, as well as a couple that are in progress right now in the knitting basket. I need to take more pictures and work on that too. I made a list of fleeces that I have in my basement, I'll probably take pictures of those somewhere down the line.

This is a picture of the wools that I'm going to use in the Fair Isles "Basement Hat" that I have next in queue when I get some other projects finished. I'm already excited about starting, so that means I have to get some of the other UFO's turned into FO's.

1 comment:

LadyV said...

The rovings are beautiful. The natural fair isle is going to look so good!