Sunday, June 08, 2008

Finally, Back to a little spinning

I have finally gotten some cleaning up and organizing and kitty proofing done around the house, including putting my stash of fiber and yarn out of kitty's reach. I have also managed to get my spinning wheel out and running again and since it's in front of the TV again now, it's quite relaxing to work on it in the evenings. This is an object of absolute fascination for Belle. She tries to help me all the time, but she is very careful not to get her paws caught in the wheel.
She'll get up on her cat tower and hang off when I'm spinning as I'm sitting right next to her tower...she wants to jump into my lap and help but she knows from experience that it will do her no good, I'll put her right back onto the floor.
Belle has figured out that the hammock the quilt hoop makes for her is very comfortable. And because it's on the opposite side of my spinning wheel from her cat tower, it's also a great vantage point for the whole spinning process.
I've let her lie on top of the ball of fiber I'm working from but when she tries to bite or taste, I quickly put a stop to that and she ends up on the floor again...she seems to be taking quite well to the training. Right now I'm doing a bobbin of chocolate CVM to ply with the grey that I've already finished. My S-75 bobbins hold 4 ounces each so I'll have about 8 ounces of yarn when I'm finished with just these two bobbins
Here's one of her just relaxing from her vantage point at the top of her tower. She's making herself quite at home.

No comments: