Monday, November 29, 2004

Finished the shawl

The shawl is finally done! I am a little bit disappointed that I ran out of yarn before it became the size that would allow me to tie the ends behind my back, but I still love it, it's warm and soft. (I'm wearing it now) This came from a pattern that was posted on Yahoo groups "Sheep Thrills" this fall, prior to the Rheinbeck, NY festival, and it's a wonderful easy pattern. Tomorrow I might take a day off from knitting to let my thumb joint rest. I have no idea what will be next, I might work on some scarves for resale.

1 comment:

CrazyFiberLady said...

The shawl is beautiful! That's one of the few groups that I don't subscribe to, could you post the pattern? Excellent job on it and welcome to blogdom :)

Have you received "Knitting Without Tears" yet? It's a wonderful book. In the same vein, I'd recommend Jacqueline Fee's book, "Sweater Workshop". She took EZ's basic approach and expanded upon it. The cardi that I knit for my daughter was from this book.